Spirent Communications reported revenue of USD 539.4 Million for FY 2020. Spirent had over 600 5G-related wins in the year. The LSA division had strong top and bottom-line results during the year despite the covid headwinds. Visionworks had 3 new material wins in North America. LSA delivered USD 128 Million in revenue a 15% increase YoY.
Key highlights in the year for LSA include:
• Strong growth in lab (Landslide) and live (VisionWorks) assurance portfolios. This growth was global as Spirent added five net-new Landslide customers in EMEA and APAC.
• Spirent added three net-new customers in North America and APAC for VisionWorks, one of which is a major Tier-1 provider.
• Spirent made public announcements of Spirent Landslide 5G core network test engagements with China Telecom, Japan’s Rakuten Mobile and Sri Lanka’s Dialog Axiata during 2020.
The Connected Device division had strong growth in testing of 5G deployments. This year Connected Devices has been merged with Lifecyle Service Assurance to leverage a change in buying behavior. We note that CI/CD and acceleration in cloud delivery models will be a high growth segment for test and assurance suppliers. See Appledore Research recently released report on Test and Assurance in the Cloud Network.
Key highlights for Connected Devices include:
• Double-digit growth in services offerings as service providers prepare for rapidly evolving 5G technology and benchmark their user experience versus competitors.
• Innovative 5G lab solutions delivered to the market for millimetre-Wave (mmWave) antenna evaluation and for research into new 5G-enabled applications beyond traditional consumer use cases.